J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd recognises that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
The Company Directors are responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our company policies.
We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outline within this policy.
To achieve this:
• We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk ensuring that we uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with all our stakeholders.
• Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
• We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
• We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
• We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our Integrated Management System.
• We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our locality.
• We shall continue to invest in professional development training such as scholarships, apprenticeships, management development training and construction skills certification schemes.
• We shall uphold our Equality & Diversity Policy for all present and potential future employees and will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development.
• We shall maintain our membership in regional and national industry bodies and through these will promote the values of corporate social responsibility across the construction industry.
• We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic or national origin, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religious or political beliefs or family circumstances are treated with respect and solely based on merit, ability and potential.
• We shall provide and strive to maintain a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with our Health & Safety Policy and safe systems of work.
• We shall maintain environmental policies and objectives and look to develop opportunities reduce our environmental impact as part of J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd’s continual improvement cycle.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually for its continued effectiveness and suitability.
Name: John Kane
Position: Construction Director