The Directors of J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd fully accept their responsibilities to their employees and will endeavour; so far as is reasonably practicable, their health, safety and welfare while at work.
These responsibilities are extended to any other persons who may be affected by the company’s operations. In order to meet these obligations, the company shall endeavour, so far as is reasonably practicable: –
• Provide and maintain for our employees a working environment that is safe, without risks to injury & ill health and is adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
• Eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks to any place of work under our control;
• Provide and maintain plant and systems of work which are safe and without risks to health;
• Make arrangements for ensuring the safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
• Provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to endeavour the health and safety at work of employees;
• Provide and maintain an environment which allows for consultation and participation of employees, and where they exist employee representatives;
• Maintain in a condition that is safe and without risks to health any place of work under our control;
• Provide means of access to and egress from any place of work under our control which is safe and without risks to health;
• Keep up to date with best practice in relation to health & safety and comply with all relevant legislation and other stakeholder guidance;
• Endeavour that adequate funds, materials and equipment are made available to meet the health and safety requirements of the Company;
The Directors of J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd accept that health and safety are management responsibilities and will provide adequate money, time and other resources to endeavour that all legal obligations are met.
But in order to make this policy successful, they depend on the co-operation of all employees.
It is the duty of all employees to comply with the safety policy at all times and to act responsibly and do everything that they can to prevent injury to themselves, other employees and the public at large.
The Directors of J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd will monitor and review the operation of this policy on an annual basis to endeavour that it remains relevant and appropriate to the company and will make available the statement, organisation and arrangements sections of the policy in prominent positions in the offices and workplace for inspection by all employees and other interested parties.
J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd has made a commitment to continual improvement to conform to current applicable OH&S legislation and to improve our OH&S performance effectively and efficiently, to meet changing business and regulatory needs.
Name: John Kane
Position: Director responsible for Health & Safety