J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd are committed to producing a finished product where the workmanship and materials are to a level of quality that at least meets the requirements of the Company and its stakeholders.
To achieve this goal the company endeavours that only reputable suppliers are utilised, materials are of a sufficient standard and the operatives installing the materials have proven ability including Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) accreditation.
The Company is committed to continually improve its stakeholder satisfaction through appropriate initiatives, controls, provision of resources and training and involvement of employees.
The aim is to agree and comply with customer requirements and comply with other applicable requirements using accurate and efficient tendering processes and to minimise the occurrence of all defects in its activities, products and services. Proactive engagement with clients is a key innovative feature to improve understanding at the client interface at all stages.
To endeavour that the workmanship is up to the high quality that we require we will do the following:
• Comply with our clients Quality Assurance procedures
• Check materials upon delivery to endeavour that they are fit for the purpose. Reject those that don’t and arrange for replacements.
• Provide suitable protection for materials before and after installation to prevent damage, discolouration, etc.
• Endeavour that the operatives are capable of carrying out the tasks requested.
• Instil a regime of pride in the work so that the level of remedial works is low.
• Site Supervisors/QA Manager will carry out checks on the work upon completion. QA sheets will be completed and issued to the operative. Sample sheets are attached which will be adapted to suit each site and each operation.
• De-snag to be carried out by the Site Supervisor/QA Manager.
• Site Supervisor/QA Manager to hand works over to client once the required level has been achieved.
• Endeavour prompt response to any outstanding remedial works that the client may raise.
J A Stott (Carpentry) Ltd encourages all carpenters to be fully trained to UK NVQ Level 2 standards through CITB. We as a company will arrange training when required.
This Quality Policy is communicated to all employees and made available to the public on request. The Directors of the company will monitor and review the operation of this policy on an annual basis to endeavour that it remains relevant and appropriate to the company’s activities.
Name: John Kane
Position: Construction Director